Indian Military Veteran Grievances Redressal

Indian Military Veteran Grievances Redressal

The Indian Government is committed to the welfare of its military veterans and has instituted a number of measures to help them.The details of various Grievances Redressal systems for Indian military veterans are as under:-

Veteran Grievances Redressal Mechanism

Grievances Redressal Mechanism(DESW)

(i)Name & Contact No.

Sl No.Name of OffrsDesignationContact No.
(a)Ms. SantoshDirector(Res-II)23015772
(b)Shri A. K. DasDS(Res-I)23015529(Telefax)
(c)Shri T. R. SinghalDS(Pension)23792066
(d)Shri R.H.H. HmarDS(Pension Grievances)23793299

Pension Grievances Cell in the Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare, is functioning exclusively to process grievances of ex-servicemen and their family members relating to various kinds of pensions/family pensions, facilities under ECHS, disputes relating to land and family etc. The grievances are received through office of Raksha Mantri/Raksha Rajya Mantri, Members of Parliament, Prime Minister’s Office, Cabinet Secretariat, President Secretariat, Department of Pension and Pensioner’s Welfare, National human Rights Commission, Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances, Secretary (ESW) and directly from individuals. These petitions/grievances/representations are examined and/or forwarded to concerned Service Hqrs/Record Offices/Banks/ECHS/local authorities with directions to take suitable action for redressal of grievances and inform the individual.

With a view to strengthen the Grievances Redressal Mechanism, a project for computerization of grievances has been taken up which will facilitate efficient disposal and proper record management of all grievances of ex-servicemen and their widows/dependents.The DESW website provides direct public inter-face with pensioners/senior citizens who have served the nation in the defence of the country.

Nodal Officers for OROP and Allied Matters at PCDAs

These details are also available at Page 20 of http://www.pcdapension.nic. in/6cpc/Circular-555.pdf

In case of any doubt relating to revision of pension in terms of these orders, PDAs(Banks)/affected pensioners may immediately take up the matter with Nodal Officers of the respective PSAs by name as under:-

For Officers

Army: Shri. R.B.Sharma, Sr. AO(P)
O/o the PCDA (P) Allahabad- 211014

Phone – 0532-2421877 Extn. 144


Navy: Smt Vandana Shetty, Sr. AO
O/o the PCDA (NAVY), Mumbai- 400039

Phone – 022-22696139


Air Force: Shri Ravinder Grover, Sr.AO
O/o the JCDA (Air Force) New Delhi- 110066

Phone – 011-25695012
Email –


For JCOs/ORs

Army: Shri S.C. Saroj, Sr. A.O(P)
O/o the PCDA (P) Allahabad- 211014

Phone – 0532-2421877 Ext. 206


Navy: Smt Vandana Shetty, Sr.A.O
O/o the PCDA (NAVY), Mumbai- 400039

Phone – 022-22696139


Air Force: Shri Amar Singh, Sr. A.O
O/o the Jt. CDA (Air Force) New Delhi

Phone – 011-25695012


Note: Pension cases to be in respect of all pensioners and family pensioners of Air Force and Navy retired/discharged/invalided out up to 31.10.1985 be forwarded to the PCDA (P) Allahabad and those after 31.10.1985 be forwarded to Jt. CDA (Air Force), Subroto Park, New Delhi and PCDA (Navy), Mumbai respectively.

PCDA (P) Helpline No. 18001805325

The Veterans may call PCDA (P) helpline No. 18001805325. The Veterans are advised to keep PPO No., Service No., Account No., Date of retirement and Record Office ready nearby while calling the Toll Free No. so that there problem is communicated properly for speedy redressal.

Grievances Redressal Mechanism (KSB)

Name & Contact No. – Jt Dir (Grievances)
Tele : 011-26192359
Fax : 011-26192362

Grievances Redressal Mechanism(DGR)

Name & Contact No. – Smt. Neena Mishra Director(E&L)
Tele : 011-26192365.

Grievances Redressal Mechanism (ECHS)

Name & Contact No.

Sl No.Name of OffrsApptContact No.
(a)Col (Retd) D MohapatraOIC Grievances CellMob-9818289728
(b)Lt Col Rohit JoharJt Dir (C&L)Mob-9899044983
(c)Col BS GangwarDir (C&L)Tele-25684946 Mob-8588836337
(d)Brig Navneet Kumar, SMDy MD ECHSTele-25683719 Mob-9999781809
(e)Maj Gen J GeorgeMD ECHSTele-25684846 Mob-8527794678


ECHS was established and operating wef 01 Apr 2003. It is providing comprehensive medical care to ESM and their dependents through polyclinics and empanelled hospitals. Central Organisation ECHS has its Central HQ at Delhi and Regional Centres all over India for co-ordination and functioning of the Scheme. Being not a stand alone scheme, the Command & Control is channelized through various Station HQ/ Sub Area HQ / Area HQ / Comd HQ / Army HQ and DGAFMS. Like all other schemes and organisations, the Scheme is also having some shortcomings and the beneficiaries do face problems sometimes. The attention of the the Indian Government is, therefore, focused on the grievances redressal mechanism to alleviate the rising problems by forming a Grievance Cell at Central Organisation ECHS through employment of a retired Army Medical Officer (rank of Col) who has been associated with ECHS in various appointments like Director (Medical), Commanding Officer Military Hospital and Senior Executive Medical Officer (SEMO) at Central Organisation ECHS under Director (Complaints & Legal) to look into the grievances and monitor redressals and assist the functionaries of Central Organisation ECHS in resolving the issues raised by the beneficiaries.


The procedure given below may be followed and the adjoining form may be submitted in case of any complaint, feedback or suggestions.

How to register a complaint against General Store (GS), Food and Liquor (F&L) items?

Please ensure you have gone through the forms below BEFORE filling out the Escalation form on the right hand side of this page.

You can download a complaint form by clicking on COMPLAINT-FORM-URC. Please fill out the form and send it, along with the defective item, to the Unit Run Canteen (URC) from which you purchased it. Please remember, CSD can best respond if we receive accurate and complete information in the Form.

Once the complaint has been received, the URC Manager will forward it to the Area Depot Manager. For complaints against food or alcoholic items, the URC Canteen Manager will forward the complaint to the Depot Manager, together with details of the batch number and manufacturing date of the item. Together with the concerned company, the Depot Manager will thoroughly review the information provided in order to satisfactorily close all complaints at the earliest.

How to register a complaint about electronic items?

Please contact the customer care or service centre of the concerned company directly and lodge a complaint with them. They will assign a docket or token number – this number should be quoted during any future correspondence with the company.

In the event that the company fails to respond satisfactorily to your complaint or the services rendered were inadequate, please download a complaint form by clicking on this link. Fill out the Form in full and send it, along with the defective item, to the URC Manager from where the item was purchased.

Complaint about Against Firm Demand (AFD) items

If the complaint is regarding an AFD item, please contact the Depot Manager to resolve the issue.

You may approach the Customer Service Cell at the following address:-

Customer Service Cell
c/o DGM (MS)
Canteen Stores Department
‘Adelphi’, 119, M K Road
Mumbai – 400 020

Note: The names of various appointments handling above work are subject to change.

We value the support of our well wishers. For updation/ rectification and suggestions on the website please write to us at or

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.