CONCESSIONS TO GALLANTRY/NON-GALLANTRY AWARD WINNERS BY HOME STATE
The States/UTs extend the benefit of cash awards, annuity and monetary grant in lieu of land to the winners of gallantry and non-gallantry awards belonging to their State. The Concessions to Gallantry/ Non Gallantry Award Winners by Home State are given below and can be viewed by clicking on the relevant link.
- Param Vir Chakra
- Mahavir Chakra
- Vir Chakra
- Ashok Chakra
- Kirti Chakra
- Shaurya Chakra
- Sena Medal for Gallantry/Distinguished Service
- Nau Sena Medal for Gallantry/Distinguished Service
- Vayusena Medal for Gallantry/Distinguished Service
- Mention in Despatch for Gallantry and Distinguished Service
- Sarvottam Yudh Seva Medal
- Uttam Yudh Seva Medal
- Yudh Seva Medal
- Param Vishisht Seva Medal
- Ati Vishisht Seva Medal
- Vishisht Seva Medal
The following documents are required to be submitted in quadruplicate by the awardees for availing Concessions to Gallantry/ Non Gallantry Award Winners :-
(a) Application as per the prescribed proforma (Appendix A)
(b) Gazette Notification
(d) Affidavit as per specimen attached (Appendix B) on Rs 2/- stamp paper attested by I Class Magistrate.
(e) Domicile Certificate from the Home State from where the grant is claimed.
Application is required to be routed through respective service unit/HQs.
PROFORMA FOR GRANT OF CASH REWARD ETC TO RECIPIENTS OF GALLANTRY AND OTHER DEFENCE DECORATIONS BY STATE GOVERNMENTS/UT
- Rank, Name, Number & Branch/ trade of the awardee :
- Unit where serving/last served :
(a) Permanent Home Address
(b) Present address
(c ) Address at the time of joining service
- (a) Nature of the Award
(b) Date of Award
(c) Authority for award (attach copy) President’s Sectt Gazette Notification No. dated
- Details of Gallantry/Non Gallantry Awards received previously. If any, giving year of receipt.
- Details of Cash Reward, Annuity & Cash in lieu of land received previously
- Attach copy of the Citation
- Particulars for posthumous awardee or in case where the awardee dies before sanction of grant
(a) Name, age & relationship of the Successor with the awardee
Date : (Signature of the Applicant)
Note :- In case of successor, please attach a certificate from the concerned Record Office regarding succession.
- No Rank Name resident of do hereby solemnly affirm and declare as under :-
(i) That I have not taken benefit of_____________ award from any other State.
(ii) That I will not claim the benefit for the award of __________ from any other state in future.
(iii) That I am willing to accept monetary grant in lieu of land applicable for the award of____________ .
(iv) That I have not received any cash award for the award of _________ from anywhere in India.
(v) That I have not re-married after the death of my husband ( in case of widow only).
Verified at ____________on this _____________ day of ________________ that the content of the above affidavit are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief and nothing has been concealed therein.
(To be attested by I Class Magistrate)
Note. The requirement of documents for availing Concessions to Gallantry/ Non Gallantry Award Winners may change or vary from State/UT to State/UT, so it is advised to get in touch with your District/State Soldier Welfare Board for latest information.