Army Welfare Placement Organisation
1. AWPO, a welfare and non profitable organization providing jobs to Veterans, Veer Naries and their wards since 1999. More than 1.5 lakhs personnel are registered and 35-40% placement achieved. It has all India reach with 12 x Army Welfare Placement Nodes (AWPNs) and 47 x Army Welfare Placement Satellite Nodes (AWPSNs). AWPO has exclusive web portal exarmyplacement.com for online activities and to meet prospective employers manpower requirement with a updated and dynamic database.
2. About 1200 Officers and 50,000 Personnel Below Officers Rank (PBOR) retire from the Army every year. They constitute a well trained, self motivated and highly skilled work force. The Officers generally retire in their early fifties and the men in the age group of 35 – 40 years. Being in the prime years of their life and having been groomed over the years with a result oriented culture, these Veterans seek avenues to rehabilitate themselves in a second career.
3. The Army organisation is akin to an immensely complex business house and like all business, it has to be run efficiently and effectively. The AWPO can provide a vast range of skilled manpower in practically for all the fields that the corporate world require to run successful business.
4. AWPO provides :-
- Executives, Managers & Administrators.
- Computers / Telecommunications / Electronics / Electrical / Mechanical / IT / Civil Engineers.
- Security Officers, Supervisors, Guards and Armed Guards/PSOs.
- Inventory and Material Management Officers / Supervisors and Store Keepers.
- Mechanics, Drivers, Messengers.
- Office Staff, Cmptr Operators, Accountants and office clerks.
- And Many other categories.
You may access further information by visiting the website at http://awpo.org/